We developed the proprietary YGN Transition Process to help Special Operations veterans pursue their next career. Through four phases, we assess their unique skills, determine the opportunities that will be a good fit, pair participants with a mentor to receive one-on-one support, and ultimately execute an action plan to secure their target opportunity.
YGN TRANSITION PROCESS
- PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING
- CULTURAL TESTING
- VALUE PROPOSITION DEVELOPMENT
- You will also evaluate your hard and soft skill sets introspectively, and complete two assessments: The DISC assessment to better inform career matches based on your personality, and the Driving Forces assessment to understand what motivates and drives you to fulfill your career.
- The Assess step concludes with a compiled Candidate Profile that will assist the candidate as well as YGN handlers and mentors.
AS YOU’VE DONE THROUGHOUT YOUR CAREER, PREPARATION IS CRITICAL, opportunities. At this point in the process, YGN pairs you with a mentor who has specific experience and proficiency in one of the industries we’ve determined you are best suited for. You and your mentor will develop an actionable plan to pursue your target opportunities, secure a position with a great company, and succeed on your new team.
- MENTOR-PROTEGE RELATIONSHIP ESTABLISHED
- PROFESSIONAL NETWORK INITIATED
LIST OF INTERESTS
- VALUE PROPOSITION REFINED
- PROFESSIONAL NETWORKING INTENSIFIED
- DEVELOPMENT OF PERSONAL BRAND
As you develop your estimate of the situation with guidance from your Mentor, you will become more and more focused on the industries and companies you are most likely to align with. Your mentor will help you refine your personal brand and work with you to understand how to prepare for significant conversations with potential employers and business partners.
COMMITTING TO THE PROCESS SETS YOU UP TO EXECUTE ON YOUR ACTION PLAN. With a completed Candidate Profile, YGN can best match you with the right companies. You’ll have addressed any challenges in meeting criteria for desired positions, and be prepared to secure an offer. As you execute on your plan, YGN and your mentor help you through the daunting steps of getting interviews and follow up with potential employers to be sure they understand why you’re the right candidate. The process continues after you’ve landed the job, with ongoing check-ins your mentor, who will continue to be a great resource in your career.
- PRECISION PROSPECTING AND NETWORKING
- COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF OFFERS
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATION SUPPORT